- Chicken, boiled and chopped- 1/4 cup
- Bamboo shoots - 1 slice
- Cornflour/ corn starch - 3 tablespoons
- Onion , chopped - 1 small
- Garlic, chopped - 2-3 cloves
- Ginger, grated - 1 inch piece
- Celery, chopped -2 inch stalk
- Carrot, grated - 1/2 medium
- Cabbage, chopped - 1 small piece
- Button mushrooms, chopped - 2
- Green capsicum, chopped - 1/2 medium
- French beans, chopped - 2
- White pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon
- Soy sauce - 2 tablespoons
- Green chilli sauce - 2 tablespoons
- Chicken stock 4-5 cups
- Vinegar -2 tablespoons
- Spring onions with greens, chopped - 1
- Boil the bamboo shoot slice in one cup of water for
two to three minutes, drain, cool and finely chop.
- Blend corn flour in half a cup of water. Heat a non
stick wok or a saucepan, add onion, garlic, ginger and
- Add celery, carrot, cabbage, bamboo shoot,
mushrooms, capsicum and French beans.
- Roast for two to three minutes or until vegetables
are almost cooked, stirring continuously.
- Add chicken and roast for one minute.
- Add white pepper powder, salt to taste, sugar, MSG,
soy sauce, green chilli sauce and mix well. Stir in
chicken stock and bring it to a boil. Stir in blended
cornstarch and continue to cook for a minute or until
the soup thickens.
- Stir in vinegar and serve piping hot, garnished
with spring onion with greens.
We have used tinned bamboo shoot slices, which are
preserved in brine; hence they have to be boiled in
water before use.