BHAPA CHINGRI RECIPE
Bhapa Chingri is a mouth-watering Bengali recipe.
• 10-12 Pieces of prawns
• 1/2 Coconut, paste
• 5 tbsp Paste of chilli and white mustard
• 10-12 Pieces green chilli, chopped
• 2 tsp Turmeric powder
• Sugar and salt to taste
• 100 gm Mustard oil
• Wash prawns pieces properly and then immerse it in salt
water for about 5 minutes.
• Combine oil, coconut paste, mustard paste, salt, turmeric and
sugar, mix well.
• Take out the prawns from the water and dry them properly.
• Marinate them in the coconut mixture.
• Place the prawns, individually, on a banana leaf
• Spread the chopped chilli on the prawns and cover it with
• Now place the entire package in a pressure cooker and cook for
about ten minutes.
• Steamed prawns are ready to serve.