CHANAR BARA RECIPE (Cottage cheese pakodas in sugar syrup) Chanar Bara is a very delightful sweet dish recipe.
• 1 tsp Green Cardamom Powder
• 500 g Refined Flour (Maida)
• 250 g Cottage Cheese (paneer)
• Ghee for frying
• 2 cup Sugar
• First mash paneer well.
• Mix one tbsp of ghee with the flour and simultaneously mix milk
a little at a time.
• Ensure no lumps are formed.
• Make the batter rather thin.
• Now, mix in the mashed paneer to thicken the batter.
• Finally, mix in the powdered cardamom.
• The batter should be of medium thick consistency so that it can
easily be dropped like a string from a spoon.
• Now make syrup of one string consistency with the sugar and
11/2 cup of water.
• Heat up ghee in a kadhai.
• Pour spoonfuls of batter and fry until golden.
• Let it soak in the syrup for at least two hours.