CREAMY PRAWN CURRY RECIPE
(Chingri Malai Curry) Creamy Prawn Curry is a very popular recipe.
• 500 gms Prawns (cleaned and headless)
• 1 Inch piece Cinnamon
• 4 Cloves
• 4 Cardamoms
• 1 cup Onion paste
• 1 tsp Ginger paste
• 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
• 2 Bay leaves
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
• 2 cups Coconut milk
• 2 tbsp Ghee or clarified butter
• Salt to taste
• Smear the prawns with salt and wash well. Then apply
some turmeric powder and keep aside for 5 minutes.
• Heat half the ghee (clarified butter) in a pan and heat the
prawns for a moment.
• Take out the prawns from the pan and keep aside.
• Now, add the cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves, and green cardamoms.
• Mix the onion paste and stir
• Fry on low heat for about a minutes or till the paste is
• Add the red chilli paste / powder and ginger paste. Fry briefly
on medium heat till the oil evaporates.
• Add the prawns and coconut milk. And then add salt as required.
Apply heat for about 2 minutes.
• Add the remaining ghee (clarified butter) and cover tight for a