MOCHAR DALNA RECIPE
Mocha (Plantain Flower) Dalna is a very tasty and heritage Bengali recipe, containing high amount of Iron and other minerals and vitamins.
Serves - 3
• 1 medium size Mocha (banana flower)
• 25 gm Grated Coconut
• 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
• 20 gms Cumin Seeds
• 50 gm Refined Oil
• 2 Green Chillies
• 4 Red Chillies
• 6 Bay Leaves
• 2 tsp Ghee
• Cut the Mocha into fine slices and keep into water for
• Now wash the Mocha properly at least 2-3 times in water.
• Heat oil in a frying pan; add bay leaves, cumin seeds and red
chillies to it.
• Put the sliced Mocha in the oil and keep frying till it turns
into brown color.
• Now add the grated coconut and fry the mix for 5 minutes till
it turns into a bit reddish color.
• Add sliced green chilies and salt with 1-1/2 cup of water to
• Cover the pan and let the dish cook for 5 minutes.
• Finally add ghee and garam masala and put off the flame.
• Mochar Dalna is ready to serve.