POMFRET IN MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE
Pomfret in Mustard Sauce is a tangy Bengali dish.
Serves - 3
• 1 Pomfret (fish)
• 2 tbsp Oil
• Salt to taste
• Mustard Paste:
• 4 tbsp Mustard seeds
• 1 Green chili
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric
• 1 tsp Salt
• Cold Water
• Clean the fish and cut into two.
• Prepare mustard paste by putting all the ingredients in the
mixi and blending them together.
• Marinate the Pomfret in the freshly prepared mustard paste with
1 tbsp oil.
• In a frying pan, heat the remaining oil and put the marinated
fish and 1 cup cold water.
• Add salt to taste.
• Boil and simmer, until fish is tender and the desired thickness
of sauce is attained.
• Pomfret in Mustard Sauce is ready.