For making 3 tbsp spread
For The Toast Cases
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 tsp low fat butter
For The Filling
- 1 1/2 cups corn (makai ke dane) , cooked
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 2 tbsp chopped capsicum
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
4 tsp grated processed cheese
To ?For the toast cases
1. Remove the crust from the bread slices.
2. Wrap the bread slices in a muslin cloth and steam them for 5
to 7 minutes in a pressure cooker.
3. Roll out a little and press into the cavities of a muffin
tray which is greased with butter.
4. Brush with melted butter and bake in a hot oven at 200°c
(400°f) for 10 minutes or until crisp.
For the filling
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté
till they are golden brown.
2. Add the capsicum and green chilies and fry for 1 minute.
3. Add the corn, milk, cornflour and salt and cook till the
mixture thickens. Keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Fill a little mixture in each toast case, sprinkle cheese on
top. Bake in hot oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 to 10 minutes or
until the cheese melts.
2. Serve hot.