Cauliflower Paneer Bhurji A versatile subzi that can be served with whole wheat breads, rotis, parathas or rice.
Approximate Calories:134 Kcal per serving
for 2 servingsTo Be Ground Into A Paste
3 green chillies
4 to 6 garlic (lehsun) cloves
12 ginger (adrak)
2 cloves (laung / lavang)
6 to 8 peppercorns (kalimirch)
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tsp chilli powder
2 large tomatoes
2 tsp oil
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
2 cups grated cauliflower
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 cup crumbled low-fat paneer
salt to taste
For The Garnish
1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
How To ?
• Put the tomatoes in hot water for 10 minutes. Peel and
blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. Keep aside.
• Heat the oil
in a non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium
flame till they turn light brown in colour.
• Add the ground paste and sauté on a medium flame for
another 3 to 4 minutes.
• Add the cauliflower, turmeric powder and ½ cup of water and
mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for about
10 to 12 minutes or till the cauliflower is tender, while
stirring occasionally in between.
• Remove the lid and stir for 2 to 3 minutes so all the water
• Add the paneer and mix well.
• Add the prepared tomato purée and salt and cook on a medium
flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
• Serve hot garnished with coriander.
protein at every meal, including breakfast.
Eliminate wheat- and flour-based products for the time being.
Reduce starch to one portion a day, and don't eat that portion during your
Apples, pears, plums and berries all are good choices. Bananas are not.
Reduce or eliminate dairy for the time being, especially cow's milk.