• 5 French Beans (chopped)
• 1/2 cup Toor Dal
• 1 tbsp Chana Dal
• 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
• 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
• 3 to 4 Dried Red Chillies
• 1/4 tsp Asafetida (Hing)
• 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
• Salt to taste
• Wash and soak the toor dal and Chana dal (you can put
them together) for about 1 hour.
• Once soft, grind this (dals) with red chillies,
turmeric, some salt, hing and little water.
• Pour oil into a pan and stir-fry the dal mixture.
• Once the dal mixture breaks into small pieces and is
not sticky anymore, empty it into a cup and keep it
• In the same pan, pour required oil, add mustard seeds.
When it starts breaking, add urad dal, salt and beans.
• Once the beans is cooked add the fried dal mixture and
let it cook for 3-4