COCONUT CHUTNEY RECIPE: Coconut Chutney is a breakfast companion in South India.
• 1/2 Coconut
• Lemon sized tamarind
• 10 Red chillies
• Salt to taste
• 1 tsp urad dal
• 1 tsp mustard seeds
• 2 tsp Oil
• 1 tsp Chana Dal
• Few red chilli pieces and curry leaves
• A pinch of hing
• 1/2 tsp Jeera
• Shred the coconut into small pieces.
• Fry the red chillies in a small pan.
• Grind red chillies, coconut, tamarind and salt. Add
• Heat oil in a small pan. Add urad dal, chenna dal,
mustard seeds, jeera, red chillies, hing and curry
• Add the seasoning to the coconut chutney after mustard
seeds start spluttering.
• Coconut Chutney is ready.