Erasari is a South Indian dish similar to Sambar. .
• 1/2 Cup tur dal
• 1 tsp Urud dal
• Vegetables of choice (drumsticks, yam, snake gourd,
pumpkin, ash gourd)
• 2 tbsp Sambar Powder
• 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
• 1/2 Coconut scraped for seasoning
• 1 tsp Mustard seeds
• 3-4 Dry chillies
• 5 tbsp Coconut oil
• Few curry leaves
• Salt to taste
• Water as required
• Boil tur dal with turmeric powder, keep aside.
• Take a vessel, put cut vegetables and add salt to
• Now add sufficient of water for the vegetables to cook
with sambar powder.
• Cook the vegetables when done, set aside.
• Grind the cooked Dal with half of the Coconut
scrapings, Keep aside.
• Now take a vessel and heat coconut oil.
• Add urud dhal, dry chillies, when the dal is light
brown add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
• When the mustard seeds crackle add the cooked vegetable
mixture, dal and coconut mixture, mix well.
• Add water if the mixture is very thick, remove it from
the fire when done.
• Take another 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a kadai.
• Fry the remaining of the coconut scraping until golden
• Pour it over the Erasari.
• Erasari is ready to serve.