FISH MOLEE RECIPE
Fish Molee is a South Indian fish curry.
478 cals per serving
• 500 gm Fish Fillet
• 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
• 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
• 1 large Onion (thinly sliced diagonally)
• 1" piece Ginger (cut into long thin strips)
• 2 large Garlic Cloves (chopped)
• 2-3 Green Chilies (slit)
• 2 sprigs Curry Leaves
• 1 tsp Pepper Powder
• 1 Tomato (sliced)
• 2 cup Thick Coconut Milk
• 1 tbsp Lime juice / Vinegar
• Salt to taste
• 1/ 4 cup Water
• Wash the fish fillets thoroughly and then marinate with
turmeric powder and salt. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
• Heat a little coconut oil in a frying pan and fry the
fish fillets until golden brown in color.
• Take the fillets out of the pan and pour some more oil
in the pan. Heat it.
• Add the mustard seeds. Allow to crackle.
• In the same oil, fry onions, garlic and ginger till
they get cooked.
• Add chopped green chilies, curry leaves and fry for a
• Now add the tomatoes and saute for a minute more. Do
not mash the tomatoes.
• Add the pepper powder.
• water, lemon juice, chili powder and salt to the above.
• Cook at lower flame for 2 minutes.
• Add coconut milk and simmer the gravy for 3 to 4
minutes until it becomes thick.
• Now add the fried fish fillets carefully to the above
and cook for another 2-3 minutes or till the fish
completely absorbs it.
• Now put off the flame.
• Fish Molee is ready. Serve it with boiled rice.