• Peel off the raw banana and into cubical shape and
put into water immediately (This avoids banana turns to
• Cut yam into cubical shape.
• Then boil these vegetables in a pressure cooker with
little salt and turmeric powder.
• Grind grated coconut, cumin seed and pepper into fine
• Dry roast fenugreek (golden brown with 1/4 tsp of any
oil) and make into fine powder.
• Smash soar yogurt with salt and turmeric powder and
• In a pan heat yogurt and mix boiled vegetables. (Don’t
• Add ground paste and powdered fenugreek.
• Stir continuously.
• Remove the gravy from stove.
• Heat the oil in another pan.
• Add mustard seed, curry leaves and red chillies (break
into two halves) and allow it for spluttering.
• Now transfer the boiled gravy to this vessel.
• Serve hot with steamed rice.
Note: Addition of 1 tbs ghee gives difference in taste.
Tips: You can use banana alone.