MADAKI USALI RECIPE
Madaki Usali is a very low calorie side dish from North Karnataka.
• 250 g Small Madaki/Matki (soaked and sprouted)
• 1½ tsp. Chili powder
• 50 g Jaggery
• Salt to taste
• 2 tbsp Grated Coconut
• 2 tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
• 1 tbsp Oil
• 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
• Few Curry Leaves
• In a large vessel, boil the sprouts along with jaggery,
chili powder and salt.
• In a small wok, heat oil and, when it warms up, add the
turmeric powder, followed by the mustard seeds. When the
mustard begins to crackle, add the curry leaves.
• Now add the boiled sprouts and mix well till the
flavours blend evenly.
• Remove to a serving bowl and serve garnished with
chopped coriander and grated coconut.