MEEN VARUVAL RECIPE
In south India, Meen Varuval is prepared from Seer fish.
• 4 Swordfish steaks, 1/2 inch
• 2-1/2 tbsp Ground coriander
• 1 tsp Ground cumin
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric
• 6 tbsp Water
• Vegetable oil for frying
• 5-6 tsp Fresh lemon juice
• Lemon wedges for garnishing
• 2 tsp Salt
• 2-1/2 tbsp Cayenne
• In a skillet, put together cayenne, turmeric,
coriander, cumin, salt, lime juice and about 6 tbsp of
• Mix it properly to prepare a thick paste.
• Use this paste to cover both sides of the fish steaks.
• Marinate the fish steaks for 15 minutes.
• In a frying pan, heat oil.
• Fry the steaks until they turn brown. Take two steaks
at a time.
• Cook either side for 6-8 minutes, turning once.
• Place them in a heatproof plate and keep them warm in
• Use lemon wedges for garnishing.
• Serve it with rice and naan.