Cuisine Style: Andhra
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
To Serve 4
Take with Steamed
•Mixed Vegetables (Carrot, Brinjal, and Drumstick) cut into
1 inch cubes-1 cup
•Coriander seed-1 tbs
•Tamarind extract-from lemon size
•Red Chili -4
•Raw Rice- 2tbs
•Turmeric powder-1 tsp
•Mustard seed-1 tsp
•Urad dall-1 tbs
•Bengal Gram-1 tbs
•Asafoetida a pinch
• Boil the vegetables and drain the water. (Keep the
• Dry roast red chili, coriander seed, Urad dal, Bengal
gram and raw rice and grind to fine paste.
• Chop onions, Tomatoes and slit green chili.
• In a pan heat oil put mustard seed, urad dal,
Asafoetida and let it splutter.
• Put chopped onions, Green chili, curry leaves and fry
till the onion turns to transparent.
• Add tomatoes and fry for 5 minutes.
• Put vegetables and fry for 2 minutes.
• Mix ground paste and stir well and add sugar.
• Add salt and remove from the flame.
• Garnish with coriander leaves.
• Serve hot with steamed rice.