Mango Rice Mango Rice also known as
Maamidikaya pulihora is a popular
festival recipe prepared on Telegu New
• 1 cup Raw Rice
• 1-1/2 cups Grated Green Mango
• 6 to 8 Green Chillies (small-sized and cut lengthwise)
• 1/4 cup Cashews-Peanuts combined
• 1 tbsp Chana Dal (soaked in water for 30 min)
• 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
• 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
• 10 Curry Leaves
• 2-3 Dried Red Chilli
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
• A pinch of Asafetida
• Salt to taste
• Peel the skin and grate the unripe mango.
• Cook the rice so that each grain remains separated.
• In a skillet, heat peanut oil or ghee.
• Add cashews, peanuts, presoaked chana dal, green chillies,
curry leaves, dried red chilli, cumin seeds, and mustard
• Roast them until pale golden in color.
• Sprinkle turmeric powder and asafetida.
• Stir to mix and saute for another two minutes.
• Add the grated mango to the pan, stir properly and cook for
• Remove from the heat , add salt and mix it thoroughly with
the cooked rice.
• Mango rice is ready. Serve hot.