Paper Dosa Paper Dosa
is an ultra thin and extra crispy
typical south Indian food rolled like a
• 1 tbsp Besan (Bengal gram flour)
• Salt to taste
• 1 cup Urad Dal
• 1 cup Raw Rice
• 2 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
• ½ tsp Sodium-Bicarbonate
• Wash rice, dal and methi seeds, and soak them in warm water
for about 4 hours.
• Grind them together to form a smooth batter of semi-liquid
• Add besan to this batter and mix well. Allow the batter to
ferment for at least 8 to 12 hours.
• Now before making the dosa, add salt and sodium bicarbonate
to the batter and stir well.
• Heat up a flat griddle on high flame and once heated, lower
• Apply little oil to the heated pan and carefully pour a tbsp
of dough over the pan. Immediately, spread it thin and evenly
in a circular shape and turn the flame high.
• Allow it to get cooked on one side for a few minutes. Pour
some cooking oil and roll it up when it gets nicely roasted.
• Paper Dosa is ready to eat. Serve hot immediately with
chutney and sambhar.