Rava Dosa Rava Dosa is popular
South Indian recipe.
• 2 cups Semolina (Rawa / Sooji)
• 1 cup Rice Flour
• 2 cups Butter Milk (Mattha)
• 1 Onion (chopped)
• 2 green chilies (chopped)
• 10-12 Curry Leaves (chopped)
• ¼ cup Coconut (Scraped)
• 8-10 Cashew Nuts (Kaju)
• A pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
• ¼ tbsp Sodium-bi-carbonate
• Salt to taste
• 4 tbsp Oil
• Mix semolina, rice flour, green chilies, onion, curry
leaves, a pinch of hing, sodium bi- carbonate, and salt in a
• Add buttermilk to the above and make a batter of medium
• Now add finely chopped coconut and cashew nut to the batter.
• Leave the batter for at least 1 hour.
• Grease a non-stick griddle with oil. Pour a large spoon of
batter over it. Spread the batter by swirling the griddle.
• Pour 1 tbsp of oil on and around the dosa.
• Cook till it gets crisp and golden in color.
• Roll it in a cylindrical form and remove it from the flame.
• Rava Dosa is ready to eat. Serve it with coconut chutney.