Top 10 Ways
for Fast Track Weight Loss By
Ms Shubi Husain, Consultant Dietician, Indiadiets.com
1. Eat protein at every meal, including breakfast.
2. Eliminate wheat- and flour-based products for the time being. And yes,
that definitely includes bread and pasta.
3. Ninety percent of what you eat should be food that could have been hunted,
caught, gathered from the ground or plucked from a tree.
4. Reduce starch to one portion a day, and don't eat that portion during your
evening meal. Best choices are oatmeal, sweet potatoes and beans.
5. Fruit is not unlimited: two a day maximum, and only the low-sugar,
high-fiber variety. Apples, pears, plums and berries all are good choices.
Bananas are not. For now, fruit should be eaten alone or with something light
like nuts or a little cheese. Lose the fruit juice.
6. Reduce or eliminate dairy for the time being, especially cow's milk.
Exceptions: reasonable amounts of cheese and occasional portions of yogurt, but not the
fat-free kind (it contains way too much sugar).
7. Despite what the 'studies' say, you lose no health benefits by giving up alcohol.
There is nothing essential in alcohol that you can't get in fruits and vegetables.
8. Stop using vegetable oils such as sunflower, safflower and corn. The
supermarket kind is highly refined, and it oxidizes easily when heated, contributing to arterial plaque.
9. The amount of fat you eat is probably less important than the kind of fat you
eat. The worst are fried foods, margarine and foods that contain
hydrogenized or partially hydrogenized oils. The best are the omega-3's found
in fish and flaxseed oil.
10. Obsessively drink at least eight or more large glasses of pure water a
day. Every day. No excuses.