Hyperlipidemia is blood status when one or several of lipids
in blood (serum) are higher than normal level.
Hyperlipidemia may lead to Obesity, Heart Diseases,
Hypertension, Diabetes, Gallstone formation &
aggravate Hepatitis and even cause Cancer.
- Hypercholesterolemia (high level of cholesterol in blood)
- Hyperlipidemia grade triglycerides (high level of triglyceride
- Mixed hyperlipidemia (both high level of cholesterol & high
level of triglyceride)
- Low high-density lipoprotein hyperlipidemia (high level of LDL-lipoprotein
- Primary hyperlipidemia is due to genetic lipid metabolism
disorder, environmental factors, dietary factors, smoking or
- Secondary hyperlipidemia is due to poor control of diabetes,
hypothyroidism, drinking, obesity, dialysis, biliary obstruction
or some drugs.
Lifestyle Modification to prevent HYPERLIPIDEMIA
Dietary Management of HYPERLIPIDEMIA
- Regular medical examination particularly of lipid profile and
- Dietary modifications.
- Regular physical activity and exercise.
- Avoiding smoking and drinking.
- Constant prevention or control of other lifestyle related
health problems or keep a check if already present like obesity,
hypertension, diabetes, hypothyroidism, etc.
- Limit the use of fat to and high cholesterol foods. Avoid
consumption of organ meats, red meat and saturated animal fat.
- Limit the intake of refined sugars and simple carbohydrates.
- Limit the intake of salt and processed food.
- Include whole grains, pulses and legumes, fruits and
vegetables, and low-fat milk and milk products in the diet.
- Diet must provide adequate quantities of fiber and fluid.
- Quit smoking and consuming alcoholic beverages as it adds to
empty calorie content of the diet without adding any beneficial
- Keep diet balance, right proportion per meal, eat less at
Suffering from Hyperlipidemia ! Get a Diet Plan
Customized for Yourself >>