Peptic ulcer is one of the common
diseases prevalent in many countries.
Peptic ulcer is caused due to erosion of
the innermost lining of the
gastrointestinal wall due to acid which
is being produced for normal digestion
process. The ulcer may be found in the
stomach (gastric ulcer) or in the
duodenum (duodenal ulcer).
Symptoms of peptic ulcer include
increased gastric tone with severe
hunger contractions and acute pain
occurring in empty stomach.
Aims of ulcer treatment include:
1. Relief from pain
2. Healing of ulcer
3. Prevention of recurrence of the
GUIDELINES TO ACHIEVE THE TREATMENT
• Administration of proper medication
after consulting a doctor
• Mental and physical rest
• Strict avoidance of smoking and
drinking of alcoholic drinks, coffee,
• Feeding the patient with a bland diet
rich in proteins in small amounts at
• Diet should be adequate in calories
with optimum level of fat, simple
carbohydrates and low in fiber.
• Vitamins and minerals are required in
good amount for tissue repairing and
healing of wounds particularly vitamin
• Food should be less spicy and less
• Consistency can be kept semi solid
till the recovers from the acute stage.
Suffering from Peptic Ulcer ! Get a Diet Plan
Customized for yourself >>