Ideal Gift for Kids
Get a Healthy, Nutritious and Well Balanced
Diet Plan customized for your KID.
(Cost: US $ 25)
1. Be patient. Being a mother is a little challenging
sometimes. But keep your cool and try to stay patient. Try this approach
to other problems. Stay calm; explain the practical reasons not to do
something, and then why you don't want them to do something.
2. Take an interest in your child's interests. If your son likes
music buy him a guitar and watch him play. Ask questions, like what is
your favorite type of music, what is your favorite song, etc. If your
daughter is interested in fashion, take her out for a shopping spree.
Ask her what her favorite thing about fashion is. Don't be afraid to ask
just don't be pushy. Also when you call your child and they say," What!"
in a loud, angry like voice just say never mind and talk to them when
they don't seem so mad. Sometimes when they say what in a that kind of
voice you should ask them whats wrong. If they say nothing that means
you need to go in there to see whats wrong, but sometimes let them come
3. Don't be tight about money. Okay, so blowing money day after
day isn't the best thing to do, but don't automatically say no to
everything your kid asks for. If you always say no and follow this with
a lecture about saving money, you will be known as the "Tight Parent",
the one who never buys anything. Buy something small every now and then.
Even offering to purchase some candy or chips at the store can make a
difference. Every now and then buy something big that you are sure your
kid wants. For example, an iPod in their favorite color, or maybe a
teenager would enjoy a nice computer. And be generous at birthdays,
maybe buy them something they have been hinting they want for a while.
You can also take them out to a special dinner, see a movie, and choose
a nice gift or receive nice gifts from parents.
4. Make sure you are an approachable person to talk to. Try your
hardest to always be understanding and a good listener. Knowing that
they can go to their mom for friendship advice, information on puberty,
homework help, or just a hug goes a long way for kids. Not having
someone they can talk to can cause kids to retire into a shell, so make
sure you talk to them about how they feel regularly.
5. Be supportive, and never laugh at your kids hobbies, interests or
friends. So, your daughter doesn't want to study medicine and become
a doctor? Don't get angry, this is your child's life and they can make
some of their own decisions. Understand that it's okay if your child
thinks differently from you. Don't get mad because they have a different
opinion to you, or your son wants to become an engineer and not a
doctor. Don't laugh at them, or their friends. Who cares if you daughter
listens to hip hop music and wears too much eyeliner? She's still your
daughter. And so what if your son is friends with a guy who speaks in a
funny accent or who has a different skin color? You might not do what
your kids do, but that is their decision, not yours. You have a big
impact on their lives already-you choose what school they go to, when
they eat dinner, the amount of allowance they get a week. Don't over do
6. Be able to admit that something you did may have been wrong and
don't be afraid to apologize. It might be hard, but it's better for
everyone if you just admit to your mistakes and apologize. It saves
everyone the trouble of being mad that you're being stubborn and teaches
your kids that it's okay to make mistakes, as well as the importance of
an apology. Simply calm yourself, evaluate the situation, determine what
you did wrong and why. Then apologize and explain how or why you acted
the way you did. A good way to start off may be: "I would like to
apologize for how I acted earlier, and I realize that I was wrong," then
transition into the rest.
7. Respect your child love for the other parents. You can not be
jealous of your childs loving your Husband or ex husband
8. Lastly, love your children more than anything. Without loving
them, it means nothing whatever you do in your life. And understand
whenever you love your child or not, somehow deep in your child's heart,
they will love you forever whenever they are loved, or not.
• Guide your child through the problem-solving process if they need help
with their homework. This way they'll learn how to do it on their own
and won't become dependent on you.
• Spend quality time with your child. Play ball with your son or do a
craft project with your daughter. And make sure you have fun.
• Take your child out to museums, the theater, classical music concerts,
and other cultural events. While they may not like it at the time, they
will most likely be grateful when they are older that they have a more
• Always be supportive.
• Always try to be fair.
• Don't use the phrase, "I carried you for 9 months!" in an argument.
Your kids will most likely not understand what you actually had to go
through, and it won't be really effective.
• A few other observations from another perspective:
• Parents need to teach their children how to be successful adults.
Don't routinely do things for your children that they can learn to do
• Life is a great teacher. Don't be too quick to rescue your child from
the results of their own actions if the consequences are not overly
• Your child is an individual deserving of respect, not an extension or
a reflection of you.
• Love them unconditionally; don't force them to be who you think they
should be in order to earn your love.
• Let them have some freedom. They need to learn how to live and work
out problems on their own. This will give them confidence and allow them
to become independent, successful adults. This is not unconditional
freedom. You still set boundaries and limits.
• Create boundaries and enforce them. No means no; once you say it,
don't cave unless there is a highly developed debate and logical
evidence for you to change your mind. You are not your child's friend,
you are the authority figure.
• If they break a boundary, make sure there are consequences. Do not let
them wheedle out of the consequences, minimize it, or delay it, or else
it will not be as effective. Make sure their father will help enforce